Recommended Businesses in Cambodia
Some of our personal favourite places to eat, drink, stay or play!
- Lazy Gecko Cafe, Phnom Penh: popular restaurants with good happy hour deals. Street 258
- Mith Samlanh/ Friends the Restaurant, Phnom Penh: Eat for a good cause; this excellent restaurant with fusion tapas serves as a training school for rehabilitated youths. #215, street 13.
- Norden House, Banlung: Beautiful garden, great rooms and Swedish meatballs! .
- Romdeng, Phnom Penh: Also run by Mith Samlanh, specialising in regional Cambodian cuisine from around the country. Try a tarantula if you dare… #74 Street 174.
- Rusty Keyhole Restaurant, Kampot: Riverfront restaurant and Bar with nightly BBQ. The best ribs in the country.. see if you can finish the large one!
- Scuba Nation, Phnom Penh/ Sihanoukville: The only PADI 5 Star Dive Center in Cambodia. Purpose built, stay-over Dive Boat with a fully trained staff of diving instructors.
- Two Wheels Only, Phnom Penh: Motorcycle repair and bike hire, British mechanic.
Useful websites about Cambodia
The following sites and forums offer invaluable information for anyone planning on visiting Cambodia
- Asialife: What’s on in Phnom Penh
- Cambodia Pocket Guides: Drinking and Dining, Out and About & After Dark guides to Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.
- Canby Publications: Cambodia’s most comprehensive online guidebook with maps, travel information, and shopping/ restaurant/ accommodation listings
- Expat Advisory Cambodia: News, events, forum and classifieds.
- Khmer 440: A community for people living, working, teaching and traveling in Cambodia with discussion board
- Lonely Planet Thorntree Cambodia Forum: Exchange travel information, advice, hints and tips
- Phnom Penh Post: The latest news from Cambodia’s oldest independent newspaper
- Travelfish: Comprehensive information to Cambodia includes hotel reviews, restaurants, attractions, maps and much more
- Yellow Pages Cambodia: Cambodia’s official Yellow Pages business directory
Useful Motorbiking websites
Answering the where, what, when, how and who of international motorcycling touring
- Adventure Rider: An invaluable forum for motorcylists: Discussions, photos, questions and trip reports
- Eat My Dirt: Australia-based travel site: News, reviews and discussion forum
- Global Bike Tours: Worldwide bike tour listings and discussion forum
- Golden Triangle Rider: A regional motorcycle forum covering travel in Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand and Laos
- Horizons Unlimited: Definitive travel information and forum for the independent motorcycle traveller
- Ride the World: Motorcycle listings directory